Sunday, August 31, 2008

31 Aug @1852:
New day new ramblings...to update you all on my current values they are as follows:

  • WBC - 4.3
  • HCT - 34.3
  • PLTS - 146k

Inchin up little by little/day by day. Slept fairly well last pm in fact right through breakfast. I've now been given the duty of monitoring all my intake both solids and liquids. Yes I wrote solids! I finally convinced a nurse to allow me at least a try at real food so she was kind enough to give me chicken noodle soup for a late afternoon snack. I was really surprised when the dinner tray arrived because it had real strips of meat, broccoli crowns and rice pilaf. It looked so good but unfortunately at this point in recovery my taste buds have developed into tastebads. Everything I eat has a very distinct taste - plastic. Not very appetizing to say the least but I persevere to put on weight and to keep up me strength - what little I have left.
Not much more to say for now so me thinks this will be a good time to end. To all a good pm and stay healthy.

-me

No comments: