Saturday, August 9, 2008

Today Curt seems more comfortable. He's been using his PAC regularly to help with the pain and has begun the IV food. We were able to watch part of the opening ceremonies of the Olympics last night. However, they were so long we ended up turning it off @ 10:00PM, but we are enjoying watching the various events today. Stanford is very quiet on the weekends. During the week this place is buzzing like LAX (looks like it too), doctors, nurses and staff all over the place. But on the weekends you can hear a pin drop. For those of you that plan on visiting on the weekends here's a tip; park in the employee parking lot. It's empty, they don't monitor it and it will save you $6-$12 a day in parking fees. Not much to report today (that's a good thing). Curt's resting comfortably and it's a gorgeous day by the bay.

Roommate Robyn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Curt,

It feels a little bit awkward writing to you in this forum because normally, like you my brother, I'm very shy.

It sounds as if you're going through the toughest part of the procedure right now...in style though, with good spirits and great support all around you.

Hey, I know you're a little busy and all, but Mary is being mean to me. She won't let me take care of Lucy also...something about me needing to find a job first or some silliness like that. Can you believe the audacity? Not to scare you, but I think she's trying to brainwash Lucy, get her into some kind of incense puffing, Ravi Shankar ritual chanting cult. Don't be surprised if your little bugger acts a little snotty when you get home.

I'm sorry that you're having to go through all this. You must be bored out of your gourd, and the mouth sores sound particularly biting (oops...I must be nervous). On the bright side though, I've been reading up about BMTs because of your ordeal. Everything sounds very encouraging, especially with your being the perfect candidate and all.

When you're feeling better, I'll search out an online cribbage site where I can skunk you by taking advantage of your weakened state (that should be fun for you...right?), and we can chat online via a Webcam etc.

Technology is good...not as good as donuts of course, but still pretty good. :)

Take care buddy. I hope to see you soon and here how well you're recovering.

Brently

Now please for the love of all that is holy, WOULD I JUST SHUT-UP!!

I'm Brent Cavender, and I approved this message.

Anonymous said...

Hey Curt,
Today is 8/13. I stopped for a brief visit to be sure you are nice to the nurses... and by the way, I don't think sharing your breakfast was very nice.
I hate to see you in so much pain, I pray you will continue to heal, And since we are praying...I pray for a speedy recovery too.
I didn't know you played cribbage. But now that I know I will have to bring my swedish cribbage board up to Stanford for a game or two.
That is if you are up for it. I just spent some time in MN brushing up on my cribbage game.
Please call if you need anything.
Paula