Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's me again

I'm back and Curt is doing much better. According to his Dr's this will be the last weekend he will spend in the hospital and then he will be moved to an on-site apartment. I personally find that hard to beleive but I have to admitt that everything they have told me in the past 2+ weeks has been accurate.


If this indeed happens, we will be ready to accept volunteers to come up and spend the weekend with Curt so his Mom can have a break. For those of you that are not familiar with the schedule; kids are not allowed to stay in the apartment once Curt is moved. In fact only one other person is allowed to sleep in the apartment besides Curt. Children can come visit, but have to abide by the same rules as adults (mask up). With that being said, I will not be able to come up the weekends that I have Corey. So on those weekends we are asking for volunteers to come hang with Curt.


It would require:

1. We are asking for volunteers to come up any time on Thurs. so Curt's Mom can get a full 3 day break. She is almost 81, in good health and very capable, but we feel like a full week would be too much for her. So the dates are all Thurs-Sun.

2. As I said, no kids are allowed to spend the night, and only one person can actually sleep in the apartment with Curt. Sorry Brent - that leaves your threesome out :-0.

3. He will require to be taken back and forth to the clinic every day for a couple of hours (yep - even on the weekends). He may also need to be taken to the ER in the middle of the night if his temp gets too high.

4. He's not allowed to go anywhere in public other than the clinic; so bring up you're favorite movies, a good book and your sparkling conversation cause you're gonna be stuck inside most of the time.

I apologize if I seem too rigid, but we are dealing with life or death now and we can't be too careful. I'm not trying to discourage people from coming but I want to make sure you know exactly what to expect and your limitations.

I'm not sure about the ammenities of the apartment yet, more details to follow once we get in.

Of course family will get first choice of the weekends but here are the dates so far.

Sept 11-14 (taken)
Sept 25-28
Oct 9-12
Oct 23-26
Nov 6-9

We are hoping he will be home by the 3rd week in Nov.

Robyn

No comments: