Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm baaaack!

Curt called me Tues night and asked me to come back up. So after lots of day care juggling, I'm back. Thanks to my family that came to my rescue with Corey when Curt needed me! I also want to thank Trust Automation (my employer) for their constant compassion and support during the last 9 months. They have allowed me the flexibility to be where I need to be, whenever I'm needed. Going through something this stressful is difficult in so many ways; but they have relieved at least a portion of that stress and I am forever grateful to have such an amazing group of people in my life.

Curt although he looks worse, he sounds better and feels some what better. His face looks like a burn victim; it's very swollen and peeling and his lips are cracked and bloody. His mouth is still full of soars, but he's able to speak more clearly and it doesn't sound as painful when he does speak. When I got here today he was in the middle of his first session of physical therapy. His physical therapist was very impressed with his dexterity. Tomorrow we are going to try the life cycle again and see how he does. He also got a shower today - yahoo! Trust me, it's the little things that mean so much to him right now.

Tomorrow is day+11 and it will be the last day that he gets methatrixate. After this last dose he will feel and look noticeably better. We are over the middle hump and it will only get better from here.

I want to thank Rich and Laura O'Neil for coming up here this week to visit and decorate Curt's room with pictures. I noticed them the minute I got in his room and I was so touched by your thoughtfulness. You're support has been appreciated more than you will ever know.

That's all for now - more tomorrow.

Roommate Robyn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Curt,

I talked to Mary last night. She mentioned that she had spoken with you. She noted that you sound good and were cracking jokes (are you nervous about something buddy ? :). That progress tracks with Robyn's report so I guess this is all very encouraging.

Hey, crazy idea.... but if the BMT experience is as bizarre(horrid) as I'm hearing, are you going to take some digital pictures of yourself at the various stages so that you can chronicle it all later in a digital photo album? Does that seem weird? If so, sorry. I would want to go way over the top and do something like put it into the pictures of an upcoming movie reel...strange I realize, but that's me. :)

I'm very glad to hear rumors that the bad part of the experience may have peaked, that you're coming back out of it. Ain't modern medical science amazing?

Thinking encouraging thoughts for you Curt...things aren't the same around here without you. I'll have to load you up on donuts when I come visit ...hopefully sooner than later.

I'll check in with Eric schedule...we can share a hotel room or something. :)

Brently