Sunday, August 17, 2008

Curt had a rough night so he is very tired today. The sloughing process has worked it's way down into his esophagus and he gives him intense heartburn, even though he hasn't eaten anything in a week). His body produces this thick flem that clogs up in his throat and has to be sucked out. Again this is all very normal and it will continue to work it's way through his system and out. Again, his last dose of methatrixate is over and he should be on his way to recovering from these side effects soon. We are at day+12 today and by next weekend he should look and feel considerably better.

God's timing is perfect and as a result of that I will be back up here next week on business. So I will go home tonight and get Corey handed off to his Dad tomorrow and come back up on Wed. Depending on Curt's families availability will determine if I will stay through the weekend or not.

So once again, it's time out for now until Wed.

Roommate Robyn

3 comments:

Josh said...

Curt/Robyn,

Good to see you guys today. It sure sucks to see Curt in such a state, but it beats the alternative...though he probably doesn't think so right now :-(

As Paula mentioned, please let us know if there's anything we can do for you...that applies to all you Lowgren types...

Josh

Anonymous said...

Good to hear Curt is acting like himself. I was worried he might start acting like Chris.

Leslie Wilson Corsbie said...

Curt with a "C".......SLOtown's not the same without you.
I had sympathy heartburn for you today but I refuse to have "thick flem" for you; I've got to draw the line somewhere!
Thank goodness you can talk again 'cause it was too dreadful to think of you not giving the nurses a hard time.
Glad you have the Olympics to watch. Wayne and I have been watching too. He and I also went to a Dodger game last week and watched 'em beat the Phillies. I got me a shirt that says "Mannywood", but didn't need the "manny hair" they're selling, 'cause of course I've got my own mop. I guess I better get out my Giants fan wear for when I come visit you. I go both ways. ;-)