Monday, September 1, 2008

It's been a long day but not without light at the end of the tunnel. I was given the thumbs up to be released tomorrow to the HOME apartments which will serve as my temporary residence until I officially vacate Stanford sometime in Nov?
I admittedly accept the latest news with mixed feelings. Glad to be moving on to the next phase but nervous to be away from the security blankey of nurses on hand. The Nurse staff has reassured me all will be well 'cus they're only a phone call away should any problem arise.
My primary caregiver performed her first bandage replacement today. Although she was nervous she preformed well and with a few more under her wing, she'll be teaching the nurses! You go Ma! Robyn and I couldn't do this without you and are forever grateful.
Ma was invited to a BBQ tonight hosted by the Hadleys - friends of the familia who live locally. I insisted she attend because it'll be a nice respit from me given she'll be spending lots 'o time with me these next two months.
My mouth is just about back to normal with only the slightest ulcer pain lingering on the sides of my tongue. It's truly amazing what those wacky little white blood cells can do when you have them. Robyn you'll be so surprised at my skin today as opposed to last week - like pm and am. I'm still fighting the eating bit due to the lack of taste but I force as much food down as I can but I tell ya brother, it aint easy.
In preparation for my impending move I'm having an item or two removed off my Trans-Pal (the pole that holds all my meds) daily. I originally had nine different lines going into me but now am down to three. Although they cut off the pain meds yesterday...OUCH!, I was given one tonight which is why my writing is all over the place. On that note me thinks me needs to get back to me room and lay down.
I miss you all and look forward to seeing your bright smiley faces and sharing a tear or two for being there for us and just caring enough to listen to an old man ramble.
Stay healthy

-me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, we miss you down here in SLO town! Glad to see you still got your humor, hang in there, were thinking O ya :~)
Eric

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am glad to hear you are leaving the hospital. I know it can be a little scary, but Curt you will do great. Sorry I haven't written, but as you know I was on the road with my daughter Freya and I only had access to a computer twice. We are all pulling for you at French and hope to see you when you get home. Take care...love ya, Shannon

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you are improving! You have never been far from my thoughts and always in my prayers. Hurry back, SLO is really not the same without you to brighten it up!
ABC Janice