Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I survived my first pm away from Hospital. It was definitely odd sleeping in a different bed after four? weeks in Hospital. Did not sleep well but figure I'll eventually get used to it.
In transitioning to my new digs I was reintroduced to my old pal "Pursey". For those of you who aren't familiar with Pursey, it was my first fashion statement I was proud to carry around. It contains meds on a constant drip. I don't know how long I'll be stuck with Pursey - only time will tell.
I had my first appointment at ITA this am (0800) for med draws and and an afternoon x-ray. I'll be visiting ITA daily for awhile until the #'s stabilize to Dr's satisfaction then the visits will taper off to every other day - less frequently as I progress and my needs regress.
I know I've probably said this before but it's amazing how weak my body has become and I weighed in @ 156 lbs today. Food still tastes bad but I'm doing my very best to force food down.
It's been a long day and it's time to head back to the HOME. Until next time...be healthy and wise.

-me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey
Could you tell Ma I'll be out in Nevada recording sites for the next month or two, except for a break (later this month) to do a survey in Price Canyon (down by Pismo), during which I'll hopefully get to see the ol' gal. Glad you're doing better. Th'Angel says hey, too.

Anonymous said...

Honey that's 10 lbs lighter than when I saw you a week ago - yikes! You are getting dangerously close to what you weighed back in Jan. I'm sure you're Mom will fatten you up in no time :-)

I'm so happy you've busted out of E138 and I can't wait to see you tomorrow and give you a big long hug.

I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy! Just thinking about you, keeping you in our prayers!! Keep progressing>>>>>>>>>>>>> come by when your back in town!

Sully