Monday, September 22, 2008

Greetings one and all...i'ts been a long time since me last entry. Let's attempt to catch you up with me world.
On Tuesday last I was pleasantly surprised with a visit from my dear friends Laura and Rich who left me with a care package and more words of encouragement (Rich went through his BMT earlier this year and educates me on what to expect as me body changes). I'm still not drinking as well as I should but getting better and I must admit me tasters are slowly returning - very slow but returning none the less. Me #'s are doing well with nothing too exciting to report. Actually that's not true...one of me most recent meds finally came through and at the paltry cost of $3.600! 60 pills for 3.600! I'll let you do the math regarding individual cost of each pill. Speaking of meds, I begin a new one today which only cost approx $670. Unlike the present state of the financial institutions, I don't foresee the Pharmaceuticals needing a bailing out.
I earned me first day away from the ITA on Sunday which meant no getting up for a scheduled appointment. I got to sleep in a wee bit longer and basically be lazy for the day. Robyn and I enjoyed kickin' it at the crib watching the Ryder Cup (golf for those of you who aren't familiar). It was one of my favorite days up here. Un fortunately it wasn't long enough. I look forward to your next w/e sweetie!
Unless there is a change it appears I won't need to be seen daily in ITA. Me new schedule will be M/W/F. I'm growing up.
Well kids, all for now and as usual...be good and above all be healthy!

-me

Thanks again for all your feedback folks - wishing you all the best.

3 comments:

Leslie Wilson Corsbie said...

I just caught up on the blog and first......you're welcome "blood brother" and how exciting that you SHOOK hands with Obama!!! Thassss so cool!
Hey Curtie......I hear you can eat dairy; let's party!

Oh and yes.....he has a CD player.

Anonymous said...

Hey Curt,

OMG as Stan would have said hahaha - I can't believe it's been that long since last - sorry about that - but now I'm back again and I just read all the good news - about the tastebuds and not being able to taste it...I guess that would be the best time to eat something that you absolutely hate hahaha okay maybe not but hey you can't say that it wasn't an idea!!!!
Here things are going well - I absolutely love my new place and Dr.Vatsa is my new neighbor so we hang out once in a while and otherwise I try and keep up with life and staying busy but not working too much - work is work but a little to much inconsistency with hardly any patients to getting slammed - so its keeps it interesting! Soon I'll be going over to see my boyfriend - it's been way too long and as you know xmas will be coming soon and I'll be going home to spend it with my family - jeeez it's gonna be cold hahaha last weekend I started singing xmas carols and Brad was about to kill me thinking that it was a little too early - now what is he talking about I ask myself hahaha...
Well I'm glad to hear that you getting better and better and I'll try and keep up with you reading your blogs - stay funny and don't let the downs keep you down....

Love from Marianne the great Dane at French

Anonymous said...

HI Curt!
I made it back to SLO and am happy to report your house is looking good! No sign of the kitty this am though, I think Robin's bro's dog was a factor, so we'll feed her at lunch.

I'm sure Brent kept you entertained (and vice versa!)--heard you got to venture out into the big world with him. Hope things are still looking great and that you and Robin have a FANTASTIC time....we'll be painting the living room and might even still live together afterword if we survive the color choices process....hopefully less than a month till your return and inspection! Love,
Judith