Saturday, September 13, 2008

13 Sept-
This week my mom was relieved from her caregiver status from Thursday to Sunday. In her place is a good friend Heather. For those of you who don't know, Heather's the individual who got this Blog going for Robyn and I. Thanks Heather!
As for the latest...just another day in paradise. Not much change in my world...get up early for my daily visits to ITA for lab draws, fluids and Purseys bag change. Oh yes, Pursey and I are still the envy of all. Not a day goes by someone doesn't stop me for some fashion advice and ask me "where does one find such a fashionable statement to where over ones shoulder?" Of course I tell them they have to belong to an exclusive club which has a killer reputation. I slay me.
My numbers continue to do well sans my Creatinine - relates to kidney funcion - which is still to high. We're going to see if by reducing and altering some of my current meds that we may possibly see an improvement in those numbers considering my fluid intake is much improved. Only time will tell.
As of yesterday I think me tastebads are attempting to be buds again. Not to say everything tastes great again but at least some foods are producing some faintly familiar flavors. I'm sure I would be much further along if it were not for me bout of Thrush. For those of you who aren't familiar with thrush it's basically a yeast infection on your tongue (what a lovely thought/vision). It not only looks disgusting but continues to alter my taste. And I thought I had good taste, at yeast I thought I did. To combat the thrush I've been given these wafer like pills to place on my tongue to melt and of course those taste like cardboard...mmmm cardboard!
Enough for now. I need to get some vittles. Until next time...stay hungry and healthy!

-me

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Care package coming soon. Luv ya and I do know what u r going through so I pray each day for your continued healing. cGVHD is not so hot too so follow doctors orders and take each day as a gift.
Saw Robin in Home Depot as i was grabbing a smoothie so life does exist outside the food channel/Law & Order and golf tv:)
Text/e or call anytime bud...i am always here for u
Rich

Leslie Wilson Corsbie said...

You're welcome sir. I'm glad I could help. YOU have the hard work; not to mention, your mother and your brother and Robyn!!

Now you know what you must do.....DRINK DRINK DRINK!!! I don't care if it tastes like crap or you feel like throwing up......DRINK it anyways. Why?? Because I said so!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Heather for giving up your weekend for our cause. It was truely appreciated.

Now you heard her Curt - drink even if it tastes like crap! Now you have 3 woman watching over you! Your plan is all coming into
fruition - LOL.

Anonymous said...

Dude,

They have ways of making you talk and drink up: strapped on leather, harnesses and whips, waterboarding if you're not a good boy.....But perhaps that was already your devious plan Mr. Curt...you naughty naughty boy....Yes?

Good to hear you on the phone on Friday night. :)

Anonymous said...

Bickey Boy
I dunno your friend Heather but I too thank her for giving Ma a much-deserved break. The brother doing the hard work isn't me, but Cole, who's keeping Curt's business going (and sister Cara's kept Lucy's vet appointments while Curt's been, um, busy).But I didn't donate me stem cells to you just for you to ignore all these exhortations to drink (to your health). So drink up.
I'm out in Nevada recording some sweet 5000-year-old archeology in some sweet weather. I've found a few meteorites while troddin' the sod, to boot. Th'Angel taught this ol' boy how to use her laptop, so's I can check on your progress (you know I won't use a phone....) and find even more obscure punk noise online while out in the field. Good thing, too, cuz I've been here since Sept 4 and will not see home again until the end of the month. Sigh...
"Blood" Brother

Anonymous said...

Yo! Word to yer mother who's there cause I just talked to her as well as ewe. U sound good! But I'm not posting here to show how many ways I can render the word for "if not me-____." We were wondering if yew had the means to, say, spin CDs. If you did I can burn you some goodies.

Anonymous said...

Pea Haid
If there's any footage of Obama on the news tonight, look for me in the audience. I'm the tall, barefoot dude with uncombed hair (at least my shirt was kinda clean). He just gave a speech in Elko a half-hour ago (What's the chance? Out in the middle of Nevada and a prez candidate comes to town to visit?). I shook the cat's hand when he did the meet-n-greet afterwards -- representin' Lowgren, yo!. 'Course I got plenty o' pics...
"Blood" Broham