Thursday, October 9, 2008

What a contrast from yesterdays joyful entry. Allow me to paint a picture for you: The day began as usual with a good stretch in bed followed by my routine of heading to the bathroom to purge me mouth. From there I wandered into the kitchen to prepare me Carnation instant Breakfast. With breakfast in hand I proceded to the couch to psych myself up to take my multiples of pills (I'm presently downing 12? pills daily - not including this one med that is an extremely bright chrome yellow and by far the most difficult to down). So far so good.
One more thing to do and I'd be on my way to me appointment. I just had to purge me mouth one last time and I'd be off. This is where routine turned to obscene. Not only did I purge me mouth but I went a step further and volunteered my stomach contents too! What a way to start the day. The wacky thing is is that it tastes bad enough going down...coming back up -MMMM!
It's also not helping me keep any weight on if I'm so freely giving it away.
I think I'll end it here. Thanks again for caring to keep up with little 'ol me and I hope to see you all in approximately 40 days or so.

-me

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you take the red pill....or the blue pill first, so many choices! Sorry for the bummer of a morning. Hopefully the trip down the rabbithole is getting better this afternoon, and the rest of the week will be uneventful. Glad that the CAT is BACK! love 2 ya, Judith

Anonymous said...

Curt,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having to eat that yellow stuff. That definitely seemed to be at the top of your most dreaded list. :(

Hang in there buddy...

Looking forward to seeing you soon...golfing too. :)

Brently

Anonymous said...

Hi Robyn and Curt,
I'm sorry for your continuing nausea, Curt, but I want you to know that your blog gives me comfort and hope. My husband John is on day 12 here in E1, and though I know things aren't ideal for you yet, reading that you went to watch a golf match together over the weekend is so encouraging. John is hopefully at a low point now. Just reading your journey and nodding my head as I read about your very similar experience is calming. We are also from SLO and have some friends in common, including our new friends Rich and Laura. Here's wishing that the rest of the time passes quickly for you and hope to see you back in real life.
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

Hi again, Robyn,
I saw your post over on John's blog. I am up here in Palo Alto for now but leaving Friday for the weekend in SF. My son and I are doing the Nike (half) marathon for Team in Training on Sunday. Curt's name is on my race jersey along with Rich, and John, and others. I will be thinking of them all with each step I take. Our central coast team has raised over a quarter of a million dollars for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society.

How long will you be in PA? I'll be back by Monday and hopefully, John will be coming home (to our apartment here) shortly after that. It'd be great to connect with you guys. I don't know if John will be up for visitors this week. So far he has not been, but you could check with the nurses.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope to connect with you soon. Best to you both,
Dana

Richard ONeil said...

Hang in there bud. Sorry I haven't called lately Robyn and Curt-Laura and i will be up there Friday so we will try and stop by-call first of course:)
Prayers are always with you. Rich & Laura