Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hi everyone it's Robyn giving you an update. Since Curt only goes to the clinic twice a week now he doesn't get to check the blog as often as he would like, so I'm filling in. After my last 2 visits with Curt it became very apparent that he is suffering from sleep deprivation. We all know that when we are tired we just don't feel like doing anything and that is definitely the case with Curt. He's too tired to eat or rinse his mouth as often as he should. I'm convinced that the sooner we can get him home, the better. A couple weeks of good sleep and he will be a new person. He had a biopsy on Mon and has a CAT scan scheduled for next week. If we get the positive results we are hoping for there is possibility Curt may be able to come home in 90 days which would get him back to SLO on Nov 1. Today is day 77. Worst case scenario if he has to stay the full 100 days, puts him back in SLO the weekend of Nov 15th.

Rich and Laura O'Neil came to visit us last Fri and it was so good to see Rich living an almost normal life since his BMT. He's 7 months into the process and such an encouragement to Curt and I. Our prayers are now with John Fiore who is also from SLO and had a BMT earlier this month. He's in the midst of the mucuisitis that is so painful - hang in there John!

Take care~

Robyn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to talk to you today. We miss you so much. Can't wait till you get home & we can feed you. Tell your tastebuds to get it together.... We love you..

Mark & Sylvia

HolyCowLeukemia said...

Curt and Robyn,

I sure do appreciate you stopping by to visit the other day in E unit, but I have been very cautious about any visitors, with these low counts. I know you came by to boost my spirits, but I wasn't up to it. Sorry for any inconvenience I caused you.

John F

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy,

I hear that LizAnne plays cribbage...think I could take her?

Maybe you heard. Robyn, Eric and Mary took me out last night for a nice B-day dinner at Buona Tavola. The street was closed off with Maseratis and Ferraris lining the sides and a circulating spot light. Eventhough it wasn't donuts, what a nice dinner!!! Great food, conversation, wine, and the weather was perfect. We'll have to do that again when you get back for your B-Day. I'm glad to hear you're doing better and the taste buds are coming back.

Did you see SNL's Palin McCain thing last night?

Brently