Friday, July 25, 2008

The journey continues...
Wednesday 23: Radiation in the AM/ meds in the PM...the only difference is that today my IV meds became mobile. I now carry my IV meds with me in a bag, (which my caregiver affectionately refers to as my "purse"), connected to tubing which runs out of my Hick Line. Imagine if you will the image of me with tubing hanging out from underneath my shirt and trailing up and around my left shoulder and disappearing into my purse. Faaabulous! I'm the envy of all I meet. I get the bag changed out every afternoon. Not much else to say for today.

Thursday 24: Aside from a tete-a-tete with the radiation doc regarding my impending full body radiation scheduled to initiate Tuesday next, all is status quo...radiation AM/meds PM.

Friday 25: Today I'm rid of my purse so I can go home for the weekend! I'll continue with the meds but this time in pill form. And I was just starting to pick out accessories to go with my purse. Oh well.
With that said, for those who find the time to read this - and I thank those who have responded - have a great w/e and I'll bore ya with more next week! Enjoy.
-me

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Curt - Your sense of humor during what seems like hell is inspiring. I will never complain of anything again!! Sending you positive energy and thoughts from Shell Beach. do you have a regular email address that I can forward you funny email (if you want)?

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Sorry we have been missing out on all this fun while we were on vacation. I wouldn't know how to keep up with the good times you are having. Sleep on a bed of nails with my head in a tightened "C" clamp possibly? Where is Connie staying when she is there? I might have a free place for her to stay? Hope to see you in SLOville this weekend. Love, "Sista DEB"

Anonymous said...

Hey
I'll see you and Ma Thursday. I'm glad Robyn's going to take over on Thursdays-Sundays every week, cuz Ma needs the break every week, even if she thinks she's the toughest 80-year-old that's ever been.
Hey, marrow wanna? (Jeez, I crack myself up sometimes...)