Wednesday, July 23, 2008

cont...my next appointment was at radiation to be fitted for a mask - cranial radiation has been added to the equation.
Pain from AM surgery growing making it very difficult to move. No time to dwell on pain because I was rushed to yet another appointment at the Infusion Treatment Area (ITA) to initiate IV meds for a skin disorder. After approximately 1.5 hours in the ITA I was off to my final appointment for the day - back to Radiation to begin day one of my cranial radiation therapy.
We finally left Hospital at approximately 1800 hrs. A VERY long day indeed.

22 July:
After a much needed, albeit painful night of sleep, I was treated to a day of minimal appointments - Radiation/ITA. We were in by 1030 and out by 1600. Admitidly the pain I suffered through today was one of the most debilitating in memory. I was litterally brought to tears. Oh well, the best is yet to come.

8 comments:

Leslie Wilson Corsbie said...

Thinking of you lots.
XXXXOOOOOO
Heather

Anonymous said...

Curt curt curt..... I think you're having way to much fun hahaha it's so good to be able to follow you on here and so much easiere for you and Robyn - but most of all I'm just glad you're keeping this lightly and joking with you although I know it sometimes get you down - and that's okay. Just know that we are alot of people out here who is cheering you on to stay strong positive and last but not least... silly... You're in my boat Curt that I can tell you for sure hahaha. I always loved coming in to your room and chat with you about all or nothing - you would brighten my day... or night ;-) well depending when I work these days hahaha. Okay Curt no more for now things here are good orienting a new nurse and waiting to get be able to together with my navy man - it's never boring hahaha.

Stay strong - Marianne The great Dane:-) hahaha

Anonymous said...

Joey's sister says hi, as does Brian Lishness, Tiny Pretty, Connie Bonnie and Katy Did-It! Do the ants!

Anonymous said...

HI Curt,
I am breathing in deep Sierra Mtn air for you and letting you know that the trilobite is looking out for you!! Love from da mtns,
Judith

Anonymous said...

I just heard (or read, as the case may be) from Cris the A about this. Sounds like more fun than a nominal caucasoid should be allowed to have. Or endure, as the case may be. Anyway, we have been out on vacation; am back now and will czech in and be entertained. You write well, and I love the profile. We'll see about getting over and maybe I can slip something interesting into your IV!
Carne

Anonymous said...

Carne?
As in Carne ASSada?
-Cris The A

Anonymous said...

Hey Curt!
Just checkin on ya, and to let you know that you are never far from my thoughts. And to let you know that there is a buzz going on down here in SLO, and the buzz is everyone praying for your recovery! So please, take care of yourself and can't wait to see you again!
Your Friend at ABC- Janice

Anonymous said...

CurtIS. Thank GOD ;) that the radiation hasn't zapped your humor. Im so sorry they took your purse for the weekend, a man is just not a man without a little Gucci by his side.

Heading to SD to work at UCSD Cancer Center in 2 weeks, have mucho to tell you!!!!!

Keep smiling, my bumpy-headed friend.
Much Love
Brenda